9 Ways Google Assistant Helps Businesses
Google Assistant is a cloud- based tool that can help improve day-to-day tasks, including the organization of schedules, email and text engagement for small business employees.
It’s a modern workplace technology tool that companies and organizations use from phones or other devices. From making appointments to finding the most relevant information for you, Google Assistant is modern business technology that has allowed businesses to become much more versatile.
- Access from Anywhere. Google Assistant is global. You can access it in 80 countries and can communicate in 30 languages. This feature enables a user to eliminate language barriers that might arise during daily business activities. It’s also available on smart devices and appliances.
- Access on Any Device. With more than 500 million monthly users, it’s accessible on more than one billion different products, including cars, mobile phones, watches, TVs, and IoT devices. As more smart devices find their way into our personal and business environments, Google Assistant allows you to control and manage devices remotely.
- Save Money. Small employers often struggle with resources, making Google Assistant a perfect modern workplace technology solution. It eliminates the expense of hiring someone to perform the same duties. It also offers a wide range of collaboration tools and features, many of which perform the same tasks as a virtual human assistant including scheduling, reminders, record keeping, and making important calls. Google Assistant can do all these and more. It uses advanced AI allowing the platform to make calls and carry on a conversation in a human-style voice using AI. The technology will soon be able to make calls on your behalf.
- Manage Tasks and Organize. Now that Google Assistant can access G Suite apps, it makes tasks even more manageable. You can use voice commands to set up, reschedule, and cancel meetings on Google Calendar. The assistant tool keeps your schedule organized, so all you need to do is ask it to show your schedule to keep appointments from overlapping. Setting reminder alerts, creating to-do lists, and communicating messages to employees are all possible with Google Assistant.
- Improve Customer Service and Support. With Google Assistant’s internal API, teams can integrate the pre-built assistants into their corporate infrastructure for improvements in customer support. Custom voice commands for goods or services can be programmed using the digital assistant. Better yet, customers can still access the digital assistant 24/7, so orders, inquiries, or booking appointments are completed and lead to an enhanced user experience.
- Streamline Communication and the Employee Experience. Google Assistant can have a significant positive impact on teamwork and communication. Since AI has been added, grammar checking, and email responses are available. Over time, the learning capability begins to track how a specific person speaks, offering suggestions based on the user instead of generic responses. Additionally, voice commands can increase employee productivity by enabling users to start tasks before finishing other ones, and eeting hosts can request Google Assistant to create a conference call with just a few, simple voice commands while they complete a task or walk to the conference room.
- Improve Workflow and Productivity with Modern Workplace Technology. With AI and the connection to G-Suite and IoT devices, the possibilities for improved workflow will eventually be endless. Right now, simple tasks can be performed, such as asking Google Assistant to read an email or a text while you work on something else. Or, you can find out how much time you spent using your phone or in meetings by asking “How much time did I spend…?”
- Assist with Technical Support. In the event of recurring error messages or technical problems, Google Assistant can be the first line of response for common issues or frequently asked questions. Using the modern workplace assistant for this type of activity saves a company time and money. It also frees up employee time for more important tasks and issues and reduces the need to hire additional employees.
- Automate Tasks. Businesses will find that Google Assistant can help improve efficiency and automate some simple tasks thereby improving the employee experience.
More advanced functionality will be possible with future AI and voice technology advancements. Ken Sutton states in his Forbes article that three things need to be addressed for the possibility to become a reality:
- Voice assistant technology needs to be more conversational and “move beyond a ”call-and-response” transaction.”
- It needs to be “real-world-ready… without fear of breaking”
- It needs to be able to “extract metadata and understand things like nuance, emotion, intent and more.”
Eventually, searching and processing digital data with a voice command while finishing another task will be possible. For example, asking the assistant to generate a report that would typically take someone hours to do will be the new reality — saving thousands of hours which can now be dedicated to more nuanced work.
From taking care of scheduling, appointments, and customer service to simple technical support, this tool can help minimize business expenses for additional staff and saves valuable time allowing employees to focus on multiple tasks.
Your managed service provider can provide additional information on integrating Google Assistant into your organization and how it can help your business.