Cybersecurity 101: Helpful Tips You Need to Know
Every year since 2003 October has been recognized as National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). NCSAM was created to ensure every individual stay safe and secure online, however, this is just as important for SMB owners and their teams. Recognizing and combatting cybercrime is even more critical now as teams are spread out working remote from home and within their local community coffee shops and hot spots.
Cybersecurity plays a key role in almost all aspects of everyday life by keeping critical systems secure and running smoothly
Being prepared and ready to respond quickly, especially today, is paramount to recovery. At Visual Edge IT, we are dedicated to keeping your critical infrastructure secure and will facilitate a speedy recovery if an attack were to occur.
Additionally, we’ve gathered ten cybersecurity tips for October for small and medium businesses looking to keep their data and assets secure.
- Train all staff members on cybersecurity routinely.
- Use strong passwords that are easy to remember and hard to guess.
- Properly dispose of electronic media.
- Use encryption to protect data and minimize breaches.
- Backup your data regularly.
- Test your data backup to ensure they’re working as expected
- Ensure you patch your operating systems and all applications.
- Use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Ensure you have cyber insurance to respond to and recover from a data breach.
- Remove unused apps to eliminate vulnerabilities.
To learn more, check out our blog Cybersecurity for Small and Medium Sized Businesses.
Visual Edge IT is dedicated to keeping your business secure. Working with one of our skilled IT consultants ensures that your organization has everything it needs to do just that. Give your business total defense against digital threats with our Managed Security Services.