Cybersecurity 101: More Tips for Keeping Your SMB Secure
As we discussed last month, combating cybercrime is even more critical now as teams are working remote from home and within their local community. Cyberthreats are continuing to grow especially as the decision to work remotely continues to be the reality for most SMBs month after month.
According to Microsoft, they have found new data proving that the pandemic is accelerating the digital transformation of cybersecurity. To better understand how the pandemic could reshape cybersecurity for the long-term,
What they found was:
- extended security is needed for remote working;
- Zero Trust has become a business priority;
- diverse data sets mean better Threat Intelligence;
- cyber resilience is fundamental to business operations; and
- the cloud is a security imperative.
At Visual Edge IT, we understand how cybersecurity is being reshaped and that being prepared and responsive is critical when recovery is needed. We are dedicated to keeping your critical infrastructure secure.
Below are ten more tips for November for small and medium businesses looking to maintain cybersecurity:
- Use trusted ant-virus and anti-malware software.
- Be aware. Don’t overshare on social media.
- Have a mobile device action plan.
- Regularly audit systems to identify anomalies.
- Stay updated on current threats.
- Beware of malvertising. Think before you click on advertisements.
- Document your policies and procedures.
- Work with a trusted IT vendor to maximize your security.
- Keep your web browsers updated.
- Avoid connecting to unsecured WiFi networks.
To learn more, check out our blog Cybersecurity for Small and Medium Sized Businesses.
Visual Edge IT is dedicated to keeping your business secure. Working with one of our skilled IT consultants ensures that your organization has everything it needs to do just that. Give your business total defense against digital threats with our Managed Security Services.