A national historic landmark, located in a 96-acre park setting in Battle Ground, complete with picnic areas, nature center, historic and scenic hiking trails. The 85-foot marble obelisk monument was erected in 1908 and marks the site of the November 7, 1811, Battle of Tippecanoe between the United States’ forces, led by William Henry Harrison, and representatives of Tecumseh’s Native American confederation. The museum tells the story of the battle with exhibits, a fiber-optic map of the action and information about the dynamic leaders – Tecumseh, Harrison, and The Prophet. It also functions as the interpretive center for the early U.S. Republic by placing the battle into the historical and geopolitical context of what came before, and of the War of 1812, which came after. The site is programmed by the Tippecanoe County Historical Association. The park and monument are owned and maintained by the Tippecanoe County Park and Recreation Department.