VoIP Technology: the great communication experiences your customers expect
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a time- and money-saving way to move your SMB telecommunications to the next level.
- Advances in VoIP technology have resulted in improved-quality voice transmission and ease of system use.
- Today’s businesses benefit from predictable monthly spend and overall lower costs, improved technology, and the ability for employees to work productively no matter where they are.
- To ensure success, companies need to choose an experienced VoIP provider to get skilled installation, system training, 24/7 monitoring, and more.
If you are an SMB (Small and Midsize Business), you may have considered VoIP technology as a way of saving money on your company phone expenses. VoIP (which stands for Voice over Internet Protocol) allows voice and telephone data to travel across the same IP networks that transmit basic internet traffic.
For businesses who choose VoIP technology there are many benefits, such as:
- Lower monthly maintenance and usage costs. VoIP is cheaper than a landline because it uses an existing internet connection rather than requiring a separate system or additional hardware. A company using a VoIP service no longer needs to work with multiple service providers for its office, mobile, and data services.
- Improved technology makes VoIP easier to use features that you would previously only find in an enterprise-level conventional PBX telephone system. And there are improved customer services like automatic routing and full system control for your team.
- Mobility and productivity are strengthened with VoIP. Because VoIP is sent digitally, a user’s device can be anywhere with an internet connection and still be part of the company phone system. Your customers will be able to reach you whenever and wherever they need you.
Know what you want out of your VoIP technology solution
The advancement of VoIP technology and its relatively low cost make VoIP a good choice for small businesses, so do your homework before committing. Finding the right system for your unique business will help ensure the success of your communications.
Whether your business has hundreds of calls a day, dozens of remote workers, or needs a call recording option, your unique business situation will impact the choices you make when seeking a VoIP phone system.
That’s why it’s important to know exactly what you want out of your VoIP phone solution. Make some notes about how your phone system is used over the course of an average week. Will you be holding video meetings with it? Do you need auto attendant features?
If you know what you want from your VoIP system in advance, you’ll be better prepared to have a practical discussion about bandwidth and feature requirements with a service provider.
An experienced service provider makes all the difference
The right VoIP provider can ensure the success of your new phone system. This reputable provider will let you know the strengths, weaknesses, advantages, and limitations of the technology. They will give you realistic expectations of what you’ll get from the service.
You can also expect a good VoIP provider to have in-depth experience with installations. They will help you define a strategy that meets your business’s specific needs, provide recommendations on system design and management, and enable the outstanding call experience your customers expect.
Additionally, the right VoIP provider will offer training and support to guarantee that you and your team know how to use the system effectively. Support is a quick phone call away if questions arise.
What if your existing VoIP system has problems right now?
At Visual Edge, we recommend that businesses consult with an experienced VoIP provider before installing a system. But even if you didn’t, it’s never too late to consult an experienced service provider. The provider can help you resolve many of the issues you may be having and can make recommendations that may improve the use of your system.
If you need advice on installing a new VoIP system or fixing your current one, don’t hesitate to contact Visual Edge. Our experts will provide you with the consultation, support, and service that enables your business to enjoy the cost savings and power of VoIP technology.
The final word: It is possible to get VoIP technology solutions that improve your business, lower your costs and increase employee productivity and availability.