Why Choose Managed IT Services?
- Using a Managed Services Provider (MSP) for Managed IT Services is a great strategy for improving operations and reducing technology spend.
- With an MSP, you get immediate access to knowledge and services dedicated to aligning your business goals and objectives with appropriate technology and security initiatives.
- Outsourcing to an MSP provides access to a wider array of experts, less IT downtime, and monthly comprehensive reports and metrics allowing business owners to spend more time running their business.
Outsourcing the running of your day-to-day IT management responsibilities to a Managed Services Provider (MSP) can be a great strategic method for improving operations and reducing your IT costs overall.
An experienced MSP will understand your business needs and will provide the IT services that you decide are best for your business.
IT outsourcing to an MSP is good for many organizations, especially small to mid-sized businesses that don’t necessarily have the IT skills or the money to recruit the skillsets required. This arrangement allows the business to offload IT operations to an MSP. For a fixed fee, the MSP then assumes ongoing responsibility for a defined set of services.
For small to mid-sized businesses, IT outsourcing often takes the place of having to hire internal IT staff.
For larger organizations with an existing IT department, the managed services provider can help augment the internal IT staff by relieving them of the more day-to-day and remedial issues.
What services can I expect with an MSP?
An MSP provides you with security support around the clock. Most MSPs have an emergency line for immediate support in case of off-hours IT emergencies, which can and do happen.
Additionally, when you work with an MSP, you benefit from an entire team of IT experts to handle your complex IT environment and issue that may arise. This team can also conduct IT asset discovery and audit services, antivirus scans and virus removals.
Depending on the services you need, Managed IT Services may include:
- Work-from-home cybersecurity solutions
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Network security and log security monitoring
- PC/Mac support and maintenance
- Systems management
- Data backup and disaster recovery
- Data storage
- Cloud-based services (Microsoft 365, VoIP, etc.)
What makes outsourcing to an MSP a good investment?
There are many benefits to using an MSP to manage your business technology needs.
- A known monthly investment
With managed IT services, your business is able to count on a consistent monthly cost. The managed IT services contract (usually 3-5 years) is an agreed-upon monthly fee paid by the customer. The monthly fee is consistent and regular, which helps with budgeting and predictability.
- Comprehensive reporting and review
Typically, your MSP will provide you with monthly reports indicating the state of your network, as well as updates that have been made and other important system checks. At Visual Edge IT, our clients receive a monthly detailed report showing the overall health score of their network and updates to their antivirus, security settings, patches and other important network checks (like hard-drive space, backups, speed, and performance).
- Thorough reporting of metrics
Information and data is key to making good business decisions. Error messaging, problem remediation, service ticket history, user activity, and system health reporting are all important pieces of information you need to know.
- Technology and security experts
Hiring an MSP provides you with access to technical expertise that you would not otherwise have if hiring an individual IT staff member, even after hours.
In a nutshell, MSPs help organizations focus on running their business with fewer IT interruptions.
At Visual Edge, our service desk is fully staffed with Level I technicians as well as Level II and Level III Engineers. In addition, we have subject matter experts in disaster recovery, communication and collaboration, managed security services, and more.
If you would like to find out more about the value of an MSP to your business, contact us today for more information.